Boredom is a killer in a dating relationship. If she’s bored with you or your dating routine, she’s going to lose interest. There’s a reason why women like to date bad boys, at least for awhile.
It’s because bad boys spice things up. They’re exciting to be around (until they get obnoxious). You, as a nice guy, can spice up your dating routine and keep things very fun and interesting for her without having to turn yourself into someone you don’t want to be, and she doesn’t want you to be either.
Just because you both enjoyed dinner and a movie on dates number one and two, doesn’t mean she’s going to enjoy dinner and movie dates three through infinity. You have to come up with some interesting things to do that keep a sense of variety and even a bit of unpredictability in the relationship.
It will keep some mystery going and that’s something she’ll find attractive. It’s easy to stay out of a dating rut. All you have to do is put some thought into things and use your imagination a bit.
Here are some ideas for interesting and fun dates to get you started:
- Make a list of all the things you know she’s interested in and likes to do and use that to come up with fun date ideas. If she’s a fitness freak, you can go hiking, rock climbing, biking or swimming.
- If she loves the water, pack a picnic and head for the beach or a nearby stream – just sit there and enjoy nature and each other.
- If she’s into cooking, have an at home, “make a romantic dinner together” date.
- If she loves gardens and gardening, take her to a nearby arboretum for an afternoon.
- Invite a couple who are friends of hers to go on a double date without her knowing.
- Go on an all-out adventure once in awhile. Go white water rafting or for a helicopter flight, or even something less expensive and potentially scary, but equally as fun.
- Instead of a movie, hit the local comedy club, go to a concert, play or a coffee house that features up and coming blues vocalists – or head to the downtown festival. Movies are fine sometimes and so is dinner out – just don’t make it (or anything else) your only date option.
If you’ve been dating for awhile, it’s going to be up to her to come up with ideas sometimes, too. But that doesn’t let you off the hook for using your imagination to keep things fun.
You can always ask your friends and family (and hers) for ideas. If you’re aware of the things the two of you have in common and what she especially enjoys, it’ll be easy to know how to stay out of a rut and keep things spicy.
You can make almost anything into a date if it’s something that you’re both interested in – even going to the gym or to a political rally. Don’t limit yourself to what passes for a date. See the potential in everything and you’ll never find yourself in a dating rut.