The growing popularity of online dating brings with it a set of opportunities and problems. In order to make the most of the online dating experience, one must adhere to safety measures to prevent anything unpleasant to happen. You deserve to have fun at the same time feel secure when meeting other quality singles. These tips could spell the difference in someone’s safety. That is why, in getting online one should always keep these free online dating tips in mind.
Online dating is a great place to build loving and trusting friendships that can lead to lasting, offline relationships. So, whether you decide to correspond online or meet the members offline, the best dating tip you can should know is to always use sound judgment and be responsible for your conduct. In both the virtual and real worlds, common sense is your best safety tool.
The following are dating tips that could help protect you:
1. Start slow. This first tip advises caution. Be wary of people who seem too perfect. If anything makes you uncomfortable, walk away for your own safety and protection.
2. Guard your anonymity. Never include your last name, email address, home address, phone number and others.
3. Exercise caution and common sense. Take all the time you need to test for a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way.
4. Request a photo. A photo will give you a good idea of the person’s appearance, which may prove helpful in achieving a gut feeling.
5. Chat on the phone. A phone call can reveal much about a person’s communication and social skills.
6. Meet when YOU are ready. You never are obligated to meet anyone, regardless of your level on online intimacy.
7. Watch for red flags. Pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control you.
8. Meet in a safe place. When you choose to meet offline, always tell a friend where you are going and when you will return. Meet in a public place at a time with many people around.
9. Get yourself out of a jam. This free online dating tip cautions you not to do anything you feel unsure about. If you are in any way afraid of your date, use your best judgment to diffuse the situation and get out of there.